If you are having your puppy shipped, we will take care of all shipping arrangements and will do so 1-2 weeks prior to puppy's ready to go date. All contracts and payments must be received by this point.
For new puppy owners, it is not always easy to find a reputable breeder within a reasonable driving distance. Shipping provides a person a chance of acquiring the quality they are hoping to find.
Shipping a Puppy: Is it safe?
Of course its safe or we would not ship our precious babies, With my many years of shipping experience in both shipping and receiving pups, I know for a fact that all of the pups are well taken care of. I have only had
a couple of incidences where the pups had a delayed flight or had a potty accident in there crate due to a long flight, but don't worry we put allot of shredded newspaper in the crate in case they do have an accident, so they do not sit in it. Shipping, if done properly, is no more stressful then if you were to come pick them up here. In fact shipping can be less stressful then driving across country with them. Even less so as shipping takes only a few short hours and they usually spend longer times in their crate overnight. All pups are used to and comfortable in their crates prior to shipping.
What about shipping in the winter, isn't it too cold?
Shipping during this time of year is completely safe and is not a problem. Just like a person getting on a flight to go meet their relatives for the holidays, shipping a puppy is very similar-and probably even a little easier. All puppies ride in the plane where the temperature is kept at a comfortable 70 degrees. The same as for the passengers and they are the last on and first off the plane. The only thing different about this time of year is that the airlines can be strict on the minimum temperature at each location even though the plane is always kept at 70 degrees. Likewise, in the summertime they will not ship if temperatures are too hot along the way. If this is the case, we will just wait for the next best day to ship or ship earlier or later in the day to combat the hot/cold part of the day.
What is involved in the shipping process?
After all balances have been paid, I call the airlines and book the pup. I will need to know your nearest airport, who will pick up the pup and your address and phone number. The day and time will depend primarily on the flight availability and temperature as well as when we both can travel to the airport. I can only book a flight six -fourteen days in advance so they are aware of the temperatures for shipping. After I have booked the pup, I will email and/or call you with the flight #, times, airway bill # and location where the pup is to be picked up. Then all you need to do is pick up the pup at your airport. You will need a form of identification (driver's license) and the airway bill number that I give you. Then I ask individuals to contact me once they receive their puppy.
It seems lengthy in explanation, but it actually goes very fast!
I tape their puppy food, collar, leash, and a puppy packet to the top of their crate. Their blanket with moms smell on it is put in the crate with them to keep them comfortable. I put a frozen water dish in so it will gradually thaw out for the puppy. Puppies are also offered food and additional water if needed during the trip. The pup will arrive the same day as it is sent, within just a few hours. The average flight time is approximately 4 - 6 hours.
What is the cost of Shipping?
I only ship within the US and Alaska. Major airports are often the best bet, but I would be glad to check out your local airport to see if shipping is possible.
We ship puppies by Delta and during summer/winter we have to make exceptions and ship via United.
As of October 2019 due to new crate and shipping requirements cost of shipping has risen to $525. To help diffuse this cost we will be coming out with a crate rental program shortly.
If temperatures reach above 80 degrees or below 20 degrees, We will need to ship with United Airlines as they are the only airline with temperature controlled areas in the holding areas and vehicles for taking to plane. The cost for shipping will then go up to $200* as we have to make a trip to either Fargo or Minneapolis.
Older puppies and adults cost more based on weight/height.
1. Shipping cost subject to change at anytime.
2. Buyer is responsible for all costs related to shipping.
3. All costs must be prepaid 5-7 days before shipment of puppy.
4. These prices are for pups and smaller dogs, any pup or adult requiring a larger crate costs more.
1. Shipping days are an estimate, It is very unlikely the day would be changed but even when booked they are subject to be re-scheduled due to weather, temperatures, illness, dog emergencies etc. If this is a problem and you MUST have dog on a specific day let us know before purchasing a puppy or putting down a deposit.
2. Due to schedules we have to group shipping. So you may need to wait up to 2 weeks to get your pup. We do offer a Rush service for $150 extra, that means we drop everything we are doing to get your pup to you ASAP or on a specific day of your choice.
3. United has implemented a new verification program due to people not knowing what they are doing, so now the flight needs to be booked and all paperwork, health certificate, photos of dog, and photos of crate need to be submitted 6 days prior to shipping to give them time to verify everything. Even though we have shipped for 20 years this is their new policy and out of our control.